The European Workshop of Communist Studies
New Issues - Call for Contributions:
The International Newsletter of Communist Studies Online
No 18 (2005) and No 19 (2006) (ISSN 1862-698X)
New Issues on the website
• The publication of the online edition of The International Newsletter of Communist Studies which started in 2001 issue, has been going on.
• With the assistance of the computer department of the Mannheim Centre for European Social Research, The Online Newsletters 2005, no 18 and 2006, no 19 have been published in the web.
• You may consult and download these two issues (of 112 and 93 pages), see the homepage
• The paper editions, which are more concise than the online publications, of issues 18 (2005) and 19 (2006) of the Newsletter (ISSN 1862-6971) have been published together with the "Jahrbuch für historische Kommunismusforschung" 2005 and 2006 (ISSN 0944-629X) – as it is the practice every year.
• The Jahrbuch is a scholarly periodical edited by Hermann Weber, Ulrich Mählert, Bernhard H. Bayerlein, Horst Dähn, Bernd Faulenbach, Jan Foitzik, Ehrhart Neubert und Manfred Wilke on behalf of the federal "Stiftung zur Aufarbeitung der SED-Diktatur" by The Aufbau Publishing House at Berlin.
Call for contributions
• Please do not forget to send in your project presentations, spots, research notes and multiple information for the upcoming International Newsletter no 20, 2007.
• The language may be English, French, Spanish or German.
• Deadline is November 15, 2006.
• If you are hesitating, have a look on the different regular sections of the newsletter and you will certainly have in mind some interesting suggestions concerning your country or your working domains. The sections are:
I The Newsletter of the Newsletters: Communist Studies. Selected Items.
II Archival Problems, Files, Institutions, Projects.
III Projects, Doctoral Thesis, Work in progress.
IV Articles and Materials for Biographical, Regional and Institutional Studies.
V New Publications – Reports and Reviews.
VI Meetings, Conferences and Events Concerning Communist Studies.
VII The International Bibliography of Communist Studies. Issue 2005.
VIII Directory of Periodicals - Conventional, Electronic Journals, Newsletters, Discussion Lists, Bulletins.
IX Links-Links-Links. Updates of Interesting Websites for Communist Studies.
X Miscellaneous, Personalia.
• Please send also short reports on your own projects and publications as well as bibliographic data about new books and articles published in your respective domains or countries.
• The consultation and download of the Online Newsletter is free of charge. For the subscription of the Jahrbuch and the paper edition of the Newsletter see on the publisher's homepage:
Wishing you successful activities and good luck,
Bernhard H. Bayerlein (executive editor)
Mannheim Centre for European Social Research
firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com